Looking back on 2023
11 December 2023
As Christmas draws ever nearer and 2023 comes to a close, we are reflecting on a year with many challenges, but also a great deal of success.
In 2023 the Company…
- Welcomed 3 new member companies and 11 new Liverymen
- Administered the distribution of £1,825,799 via its charities
- Hosted 15 social events, attended by 916 Liverymen and guests
- Provided 11 Governors for its 4 schools
- Acted as Trustee to 11 charities
- Served beer from 11 of our member companies to over 2,000 people at the City Beerfest, raising over £8,000 for the Lord Mayor’s Appeal
- Was represented by the Master at 35 external events and functions
- Held 3 Beer Money ceremonies and 2 Brewers’ Lectures for its schools
- Hired out the Hall for 74 external events
- Arranged 15 sporting and cultural events for our members
Our schools: Dame Alice Owen’s School and the Aldenham Foundation, comprising Aldenham Prep School, St Hilda’s School and Aldenham Senior School, continued to thrive despite increasing financial pressures. Both senior schools bucked national trends with GCSE and A Level results on a par with pre-COVID levels, reflecting the impressive efforts of both staff and students. The Headteacher of Dame Alice Owen’s School, Hannah Nemko, said: “We can only thank you for your ongoing support for resources and staffing and remind you of what a real difference this makes to the outcomes of our young people.”
We are extremely grateful to our Liverymen, partners and supporters who continue to enable us to fulfil our Aim to support the brewing industry, and deliver our charitable and educational work.